When we receive the completed application, you will be invited to a parent interview. We ask that both parents (where appropriate) be present for this meeting. The interview offers you an opportunity to ask questions about our school program, and allows us to learn more about your child and your family.
If you are applying to Kindergarten:
- Applicants to Kindergarten must be five years old on or before September 1, 2024
- Applications are due Friday, January 12, 2024.
- On our admissions portal, you will find a Release of Records Form to be given to your child’s nursery school. Please do not return this form to us; the form stays on file at your child’s current school.
- The Nursery School Evaluation Form should be given to your child’s current teacher or director. This form is confidential and should be returned directly to Brawerman Elementary School.
- All Kindergarten applicants will be invited to an informal evaluation.
- We will make arrangements with your child’s current school to observe your child. No preparation is necessary on your part.
If you are applying to Grades 1 - 6:
- On our admissions portal you will find the Release of Records Form to your child’s current elementary school. Please do not return this form to us; the form stays on file at your child’s current school.
- The School Report Form should be given to your child’s teacher or principal. This form is confidential and should be returned directly to Brawerman Elementary School.
- A visiting day is typically arranged for all upper-grade applicants.
Admission decision letters will be mailed on March 8, 2024 at 5:00 p.m. in accordance with LAIS (Los Angeles Independent Schools). Brawerman Elementary participates in and follows the admissions guidelines and timetable of the Los Angeles Independent Schools.
We hope this provides you with a clear picture of the admissions process at Brawerman Elementary School. Should you have any questions, feel free to contact Lindy Goldberg, Admissions Director, at (424) 208-8938 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to meeting you and your child.