Brawerman and some 60 other Los Angeles area independent schools agree each year to follow a common timetable and principles of good practice.
Application Instructions for the 2019-2020 School Year
When we receive the completed application, you will be invited to a parent interview. We ask that both parents (where appropriate) be present for this meeting. The one-hour time frame offers you an opportunity to ask questions about our school program, and allows us to learn more about your child and your family.
If you are applying to Kindergarten:
- Applicants to Kindergarten must be five years old on or before September 1, 2019.
- Applications are due Friday, January 4, 2019.
- Kindergarten applications for Mann families and siblings are due no later than Monday, November 12, 2018.
- On our admissions portal, you will find a Release of Records Form to be given to your child’s nursery school. Please do not return this form to us; the form stays on file at your child’s current school.
- The Nursery School Evaluation Form should be given to your child’s current teacher or director. This form is confidential and should be returned directly to Brawerman Elementary School.
- All Kindergarten applicants will be invited to an informal evaluation.
- For students applying from the Wilshire Boulevard Temple Early Childhood Centers, sharing the Irmas campus with the Mann Family Early Childhood Center affords us many opportunities to observe your child in the classroom and on the playground. For students applying from schools other than Glazer, we will make arrangements with your child’s current school to observe your child. No preparation is necessary on your part.
If you are applying to Grades 1 - 6:
- On our admissions portal you will find the Release of Records Form to your child’s current elementary school. Please do not return this form to us; the form stays on file at your child’s current school.
- The School Report Form should be given to your child’s teacher or principal. This form is confidential and should be returned directly to Brawerman Elementary School.
- A visiting day will be arranged for all applicants.
- Students applying for Grade 6 must take the ISEE and have results sent before February 1, 2019.
Decision letters will be mailed in March in accordance with LAAIS (Los Angeles Area Independent Schools).
Brawerman Elementary participates in and follows the admissions guidelines and timetable of the Los Angeles Independent Schools. Please see the 2018-2019 letter from the LAIS Heads of School letter here.
We hope this provides you with a clear picture of the admissions process at Brawerman West. Should you have any questions, feel free to contact Lindy Goldberg, Admissions Director, at (424) 208-8938 or email@example.com. We look forward to meeting you and your child.