What, you don't know how to make Chanukah latkes? Worry not! The first graders at Wilshire Boulevard Temple's Brawerman-East school have all the answers -- and the ingredients. Have a look at the video, and once you've memorized the steps, refer to the recipe below to make great latkes to share with your family and friends. And Happy Chanukah!
Grade 1 Latke recipe (makes 15-20 latkes):
6 small potatoes
1/4 c flour
1 tsp salt
oil for frying
- Shred potatoes and onion in food processor.
- Mix with flour and salt.
- Heat oil in the pan until shimmering.
- Drop potato mixture in by the heaping spoonful.
- Flip once, when sides are golden brown.
- Enjoy with applesauce and sour cream!