Outside the Classroom
Amazing things happen inside the classrooms at Brawerman East, but there’s an entire world outside the schoolhouse to explore. Located in the center of Los Angeles, Brawerman East offers students unique access to the city. The Metro is blocks away from the school in either direction, and several major bus lines run down Wilshire Boulevard.
At Brawerman East, learning takes place within as well as beyond our walls. Students experience and connect with the world around them through various field trips, which add important elements to the instructional program. Field trips allow students to experience real world elements of their curriculum as well as bonding with one another and teachers
Over the past two years, Brawerman East students have:
- Traveled to Brawerman West
- Explored Amy's Farm
- Walked to a polling place on election day
- Cleaned up the beach in Santa Monica
- Participated in Camp Day at Camp Hess Kramer
- Delivered goodies to the residents of Wilshire Christian Manor
After School Programs, Daily Supervision, Extended Day Enrichment
One of the mantras at Brawerman East is quality over quantity. Our educators work to fit as much into the school day as possible without sacrificing the quality of the experience. However, in order to offer students additional depth and breadth of subject matter, we have an extensive after school program.
After-school supervision, known as BEEP, is available Monday through Thursday from 2:45 – 5:00 p.m. Students complete homework assignments, participate in game, crafts, and activities, or simply take advantage of a little downtime.
A myriad of classes appealing to all age groups and interests is available in two semester sessions, in accordance with the school calendar. Professionals from both the school and community provide expert instruction.
Some of the choices include:
- Basketball – Learn fundamentals, strategies, and build skills
- Cooking – Prepare recipes from around the world, learn about each cuisine
- Guitar – Learn to play contemporary chord progressions and songs by known artists
- GarageBand – Compose music on the iPad
- Musical Theater – Develop acting, singing, and dancing skills through creative expression
- Soccer – Learn fundamentals, strategies, and team skills
- Yoga – Increase strength and flexibility; learn breathing and fitness techniques