ParentsParents enrich the School community through their participation and generosity. The dedication of the Parent Association and volunteers is evident throughout the year as we celebrate holidays, have fundraisers, provide for those in need, welcome incoming families, organize school-wide events or facilitate the daily carpool line.
The Parent Association Executive Board oversees the activities of over 20 volunteer committees. All parent involvement is welcomed and encouraged. From Kindergarten classroom journaling to proud moments of graduation, Elementary School parents are here to create and maintain connections solidifying the Brawerman community.
Many opportunities are available for our parents to get involved at Brawerman. Committees are listed under two separate headings: Joint Nursery/Elementary committees, and Elementary School-only committees.
Parent Association Committees:
Joint Nursery/Elementary Committees:
- BOOK FAIR: Volunteer for the Book Fair fundraiser that takes place in the fall. Volunteer positions include set-up, cashiering, re-stocking, guiding students through the Book Fair and baking for the bake sale.
- BOUTIQUE: Volunteer for the Holiday Boutique fundraiser that takes place in November. Volunteer positions include set-up, cashiering, baking, bake sale cashiering and raffle sales.
- SANTA MONICA PIER EVENT: Volunteer at the Santa Monica Pier family fun-raiser event that takes place on an evening in May.
Elementary School-Only Committees:
- ARCHIVING: Archive pictures of, and materials from, school events throughout the year and from prior years.
- BRAWERMAN FAMILY CAMP DAY: Coordinate a family day at Camp Hess Kramer to take place in the fall.
- CARPOOL/ELEVATOR: Staff carpool line at morning drop-off from 7:45–8:05 a.m. throughout the school; volunteers accompany 4th - 6th graders to the third floor in the mornings.
- CHALLAH: Distribute challah to classrooms every Friday.
- EVENING EVENT: Coordinate an adult evening to include dinner, entertainment and possible fundraising to take place in the spring.
- GRANDPARENTS AND SPECIAL FRIENDS DAY: Volunteer in various ways as K-2 students and guests spend time in classrooms engaging in fun activities and share in Shabbat.
- GREEN COMMITTEE: Coordinate planned green events and projects with the administration and teachers, including Earth Week in April.
- HOSPITALITY REPRESENTATIVES: Coordinate with grade level parents for specific events, secure volunteers to provide menu items, coordinate set-up/clean-up, and arrange, receive and store food on the day of the event.
- INCOMING FAMILIES: Welcome families into our school including a Welcome Shabbat, Parent Dinner/Orientation, a group play date, an on campus picnic during the first week of school, and our Host Family program. The majority of work is done in the spring.
- JEWISH CELEBRATIONS: Assist the administration to support Jewish events throughout the school year.
- LIBRARY: Assist the librarian as needed and coordinate teacher wish list in conjunction with the Book Fair.
- MITZVAH REPRESENTATIVES: Respond to our families’ needs in each classroom.
- PARTY BOOK: Set-up and manage a party book that will run throughout the school year. Solicit parties, input data, coordinate with on-line tracking company, and correspond with hosts and guests. Solicitation of parties will begin during the summer.
- ROOM REPRESENTATIVES: Work with teachers and parents in your child’s class to coordinate the grade level social, assist teachers in obtaining parent volunteers and needed items, and facilitate classroom activities including Passover (K-1) and Tu BiSh’vat seders. Send informational emails to your class as needed, provided by Room Representative Chairs.
- SPORTS DAY: Help facilitate a school-wide Sports Day in conjunction with the PE Department.
- TEACHER APPRECIATION: Coordinate an event to thank and honor the teachers and school staff which takes place in the spring.
- TECHNOLOGY COORDINATOR: Assist all Parent Association committees with efficient use of technology applications (google docs, fillable forms, etc.)
- TIKKUN OLAM: Help implement various school and Temple community service projects, including assorted drives.
- UNIFORM EXCHANGE: Coordinate the collection and distribution of gently used school uniforms throughout the school year.
- VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR: Collect names of all committee volunteers and input in excel spreadsheets for distribution to committee chairs.
- YEARBOOK/PHOTOGRAPHY: Work with school yearbook staff to photograph and collect grade level pictures. Assist in planning and producing the school’s yearbook. Committee subcategories include design, content, layout and photography.
Welcome to Brawerman's digital world!