Process and ApplicationsApplication Instructions for the 2013-2014 School Year
1. Complete the enclosed Admission Application and Parent Questionnaire in full and return with the non-refundable application fee. Please include a family photo with your application. Outside Kindergarten applications, Kindergarten applications for Glazer Families and First-Sixth Grade applications are due no later than Monday, December 3, 2012. Kindergarten applications for Mann Families are due no later than Monday, October 22, 2012. (Please note: applicants to Kindergarten must be five years old on or before September 1, 2013).
2. When we receive the completed application, you will be invited to a parent interview. It is imperative that both parents are present for this meeting. The one-hour time frame offers an opportunity to ask questions regarding our school program and allows us to learn more about your child and your family.
3. If you are applying to Kindergarten, the Release of Records Form should be given to your child’s nursery school. If you are applying to First-Sixth Grade, the Release of Records Form should be given to your child’s current elementary school. Please do not return this form to us; the form stays on file at your child’s current school.
4. If you are applying to Kindergarten, the Nursery School Evaluation Form should be given to your child’s current teacher or director. If you are applying to First-Sixth Grade, the School Report Form should be given directly to your child’s teacher or principal. These forms are confidential and should be returned directly to Brawerman Elementary School.
5. Sharing the Irmas Campus with the Mann Family Early Childhood Center and the Temple Campus with the Erika J. Glazer Early Childhood Center affords us multiple opportunities over an extended period of time to observe your child in the classroom and on the playground. For students applying from outside schools, we will make arrangements with your child’s current school to
observe your child. No preparation is necessary on your part.
6. All Kindergarten applicants will be invited to an informal evaluation. First-Sixth Grade applicants will be invited to spend a day on our campus.
7. Decision letters will be mailed on Friday, March 15, 2013.
We hope this provides you with a clear picture of the admissions process at Brawerman. Should you have any questions, feel free to contact us. We look forward to meeting you and your child.
Click on the Applications link above to view our applications for the 2013-2014 school year.